The problem with so many positive affirmations for work is that they aren’t completely positive. Every one of our empowering statements is worded correctly for maximum impact!
The best affirmations are those that are written in the present tense and avoid use of any negative words. Instead of “I will”, you should say “I am”. Instead of saying what you’re not (I’m not fat.), say what you envision yourself to be (I am thin.).
We talk a LOT about this here at Make A Vision Board, and you can learn more in our posts about everyday Positive Affirmations and Affirmations for Success. You might also like to see our affirmations for Vision Boards and Weight Loss, or recently published Positive Affirmations for Stress.
One universal truth, which was pointed out in an article at Inc.com, is that even those who may feel uncomfortable with self-talk can benefit from using affirmations. It’s not about living in some fantasy land. It’s about redirecting negative thoughts to more positive, productive thinking.
For work, self-directed (“I am”) affirmations can be used to acknowledge and affirm individual capabilities or overall self-worth. Affirmations can also be aimed at the job itself, from minor daily tasks to the big picture. You can work on improving various aspects of your existing job, or use affirmations as a part of visualizing the job or career of your dreams.
Then there are affirmations directed at your coworkers, everyone from the highest level in your office to the lowest. Work relationships present unique challenges. Your attitude can make all the difference, and when yours needs some adjustment, affirmations can be an excellent tool.
Our list below begins with personal development, then speaks to some other important categories. That includes affirmations related to common work problems – hey, just keeping it real!
Positive Affirmations for Work
- Every day I grow more confident in myself and my abilities.
- I pursue my goals with enthusiasm and joy.
- My comfort zone keeps expanding more and more.
- I create opportunities for myself and my business.
- I always find the mentors I need.
- Leadership comes naturally to me.
- My boss recognizes my abilities and acknowledges my value to the company.
- Every new challenge is an opportunity to grow.
- I am grateful for past experiences that have made me stronger and wiser.
- I am a unique individual with a uniquely valuable perspective.
- I keep matters in perspective so that I can always make the best decisions.
- I have learned to expect the unexpected and am always mentally prepared to respond appropriately.
- I have the self-discipline to maintain clarity about the big picture while I focus on the task at hand.
- Every day I take at least one step that moves me closer to my goals.
- I have a strong work ethic and am driven to succeed.
- I am creative, resourceful, and an expert problem solver.
- When I see opportunities for improvement I take initiative to lead the way.
- I bring positive energy to work with my optimism and enthusiasm.
- I maintain a positive outlook even in the face of difficult changes.
- I am disciplined and dependable.
- I am patient and respectful when helping or teaching my coworkers.
- I have all the patience I need when dealing with small details.
- I successfully complete key tasks on time and within budget.
- I pursue continuing education to hone my existing skills and learn new ones.
- I strive for excellence in every aspect of my professional growth.
- I know how to set priorities and create agendas that keep me organized.
- I stay abreast of current industry trends without being distracted by passing fads.
- I have the humility to walk in the truth of who I am.
- As I am inspired, I strive to be an inspiration to others.
- Fresh ideas come to me easily, even on the most challenging projects.
- I am flexible, willing to change, and open to new working methods and strategies.
- I am an articulate speaker and am comfortable making presentations.
- I am creative and resourceful, and I quickly adapt to new roles and responsibilities.
Morning Affirmations for Work Days
- I am grateful for this new day to pursue my career goals and dreams.
- I feel rested, alert, and eager to continue my journey toward success.
- Every morning I feel grateful for all my past accomplishments, large and small.
- Each new day brings an exciting array of challenges and possibilities.
- With each new sunrise I feel more comfortable in my own skin.
- I see a fresh new day filled with unlimited opportunities for me and my business.
- Today I leave all negativity behind me as I step into a positive and purposeful now.
- This morning I let go of any limiting beliefs that have been holding me back.
- With each new sunrise my self-confidence grows.
- Every day I am growing into a stronger, more confident person.
- Today I have the courage to step out of my comfort zone and discover exciting new opportunities.
Collaboration and Teamwork
- I value every individual on my team and am committed to our group success.
- I am grateful for all the vastly different ideas and opinions of my coworkers.
- I am a team player with respect and appreciation for my coworkers.
- I recognize the value of having a wide variety of individual perspectives.
- I have the perfect team of people with unique approaches to our common vision.
- The collective abilities of my team members provide everything needed for success.
- As a team we celebrate our differences and draw upon each other’s strong points.
- We all benefit from our group’s shared passion and dedication.
- Each team member takes pride in always rising to the challenge at hand.
- My team always works with energy, enthusiasm, and a powerful, positive attitude.
- Working together, my team is unstoppable.
Staying Positive When It Matters Most
Every job has its good times and bad. More often than not, every office also has personality clashes. Staying positive may be the last thing you want to do, but it’s usually the smart choice for everyone involved.
Affirmations for Stressful Office Situations
- I accept criticism as constructive feedback that helps me learn and grow.
- I work well under pressure and face deadlines with quiet, steady confidence.
- I remain calm during crisis situations and have a calming affect on others.
- I focus on the knowledge and skills that always serve me well in any circumstances.
- I acknowledge my own worth and remain confident in myself and my abilities.
- I believe in personal accountability and always accept responsibility for my mistakes.
- I recognize that every difficulty offers opportunity to learn and grow.
- I choose progress over perfection and take one positive step forward.
- My muscles are relaxed, and my mind is at peace.
- Even in the midst of chaos my inner world remains tranquil.
Affirmations for Dealing With Difficult People at Work
- I am an attentive listener and value the importance of honest communication.
- I am grateful for all the good people who work with me.
- I let go of all urges to criticize or blame.
- I release my anger and open my mind to calm, relaxing thoughts.
- As I breathe out tension, I breathe in calmness.
- When I look beyond my frustrations I see the unlimited possibilities of the universe.
- I interact with difficult coworkers without taking matters personally.
- I air my own grievances and listen to those of others with dignity and respect.
- I always have the ability to calm myself and others.
- As I release all stressful thoughts and feelings, I have a calming effect on everyone around me.
- I welcome peacefulness as my natural state of being.
- I deserve to enjoy my work in a pleasant, relaxing atmosphere.
- I release all destructive emotions and calmly reclaim my personal power.
- I am grateful for every experience that helps me understand others and improve my relationships.
Envisioning Your Ideal Work Experience
To improve any aspect of your life, the best first step is always the same: Look around for the good that already exists, and be grateful for it. These affirmations will help you start from where you are, and then if you wish, work toward envisioning your idea of the perfect job.
- I am grateful to be where I am while I look forward to the new job that is coming.
- I am a worthy human being, and I deserve the career of my dreams.
- I have the power to choose, and I choose to be successful.
- I believe in myself, my inner strength, and my unlimited potential.
- The perfect job is on its way to me and gets closer every day.
- Everyone around me is pleasant, positive, and supportive.
- I always attract the most helpful people and opportunities.
Dream Job Affirmations
- I work in a peaceful atmosphere of mutual appreciation and respect.
- My daily tasks bring me joy because my work is my passion.
- My job provides abundant wealth that enables me to give financial support to causes I believe in.
- The more success I experience, the more I help others achieve their own goals.
- I have the freedom to make my own schedule and enjoy lots of leisure time with family and friends.
- My work is fun and fulfilling, and success comes easily to me.
- I am grateful to be working at my dream job.
Business Owner Affirmations
- Owning a business is fulfilling because I believe in what I’m doing.
- My company thrives by creating genuine value for our customers.
- I meet every challenge expecting a positive outcome, and solutions come easily to me.
- I attract employees who believe in our company values and are excited about pursuing our goals.
- Achieving success in business enables me to contribute time and money to my community.
- My business creates productive, rewarding jobs for others.
- I respect and appreciate all the wonderful people who make my company a great place to work.
- I am grateful to be running the business of my dreams.