Laughter has been called the “best medicine”, but have you tried thankfulness? These gratitude affirmations have the power to improve your life in the present moment and in the long term too!
Want a quick lift in the middle of a bad day? Look around and find a reason to be grateful. Any little thing will do because it’s all about attitude.
Gratitude affirmations help you instantly switch your focus from negative to positive.
That’s certainly a quick and easy way to start having a better day, and it’s just one of the many benefits of being grateful.
If you can’t think of a single reason to be thankful, then use a Law of Attraction affirmation to start manifesting something in your life that will make you feel gratitude. The list below includes positive statements that can work either way, depending on where you are in this moment.
In fact, every time you express your gratitude for what already exists, you are also attracting more reasons to be thankful. You can literally create a cycle of positivity!
Being grateful makes you feel better, which attracts more reasons to be grateful, which makes you feel even better, which attracts even more reasons to be grateful, which….
- I am grateful to be alive to enjoy this day.
- I am grateful for my healthy body and all the ways it serves and supports me.
- I am grateful for each and every one of the loving relationships in my life.
- I am grateful for cherished memories of departed loved ones who live on in my heart.
- I am grateful for the inner calm that is always available to me, anywhere, any time.
- I am grateful for the simple joys and pleasures that I experience every day.
- I am grateful for my keen awareness of all that is good in the world.
- I am grateful that my heart is open to receiving universal love.
- I am grateful for the peacefulness I experience as I let go of past hurts and resentment.
- I am grateful for all the loving-kindness, acceptance, and understanding that I receive in abundance.
- I am grateful to be blessed in ways that enable me to be a blessing to others.
- I am grateful for my ability to find a little joy even in difficult times.
- I am grateful for family and friends who believe in me even when I struggle to believe in myself.
- I am grateful that my life is my choice, and I always choose happiness.
- I am grateful for my dreams that raise my awareness of my own potential and possibilities.
- I am grateful for the beauty of nature that calms my mind and soothes my soul.
- I am grateful for the glorious sunrise, for the peaceful sunset, and for each precious moment in between.
- I am grateful for the pleasure of relaxed evenings with loved ones after hectic days at work.
- I am grateful for ordinary days that get interrupted by pleasant surprises.
- I am grateful to have a comfortable home in a good location with nice, friendly neighbors.
- I am grateful for my country and my freedom.
- I am grateful for the leaders who serve my community with honesty and integrity.
- I am grateful the generous spirits of volunteers who work to make our little corner of the world a better place.
- I am grateful for every teacher, coach, and mentor who has educated me and helped me grow.
- I am grateful for my coworkers who support and encourage me on the job.
- I am grateful that I have a good mind that serves me so well in my career.
- I am grateful for all my accomplishments that contribute to the success of everyone in my company.
- I am grateful for challenges that open my mind to new possibilities.
- I am grateful that I always approach new situations with a positive attitude.
- I am grateful for new ideas and opportunities that show up for me every day.
- I am grateful for the unlimited abundance of the universe that is available to all.
- I am grateful for my success that is continually growing my wealth.
- I am grateful for my unwavering faith that everything always works out for the best in the end.
- Gratitude is my default attitude.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you!
That’s a good beginning, but YOU can help us grow this list. What reasons do you have to be thankful right now? Please share your gratefulness by leaving a comment below. You’ll be helping others even as you help yourself!
(Oh for heaven’s sake, stop being shy. If nothing else, you know you’re grateful for Netflix!)